Graduate Business Analyst Role
We are currently recruiting for a Graduate Business Analyst to work for HD Decisions. HD Decisions is an innovative, rapidly growing FinTech company that was acquired by Experian in 2014. HD is unique as it offers a start-up culture combined with Experian’s big company benefits and is a place where employees still have the opportunity to make a real impact on the business.
HD Decisions develop data and technology products for the financial services market specialising in pre-qualification services. Their tools allow price comparison sites to profile their customers and match them to the most suitable products, radically improving the value proposition for their consumers and at the same time increasing their revenue. They also provide direct solutions to the likes of Barclays, Barclaycard, Lloyds Banking Group, RBS and NatWest.
HD are committed to building a diverse team of passionate self-starters to work in an equitable environment where learning and self-development is valued and supported. We work collaboratively to understand colleagues long term career aspirations and to ensure they have the career development and growth they need to achieve these goals. Through personalised career objectives and performance plans, we open up conversations on progression whether this is achieved through mentoring and coaching or classroom-learning environments, we offer rewarding ways in which to learn for those who desire to do so.
- The go-to person for insight on the performance of core services for our customers, including creating presentations and delivering the results
- Monitoring the performance of and maintaining the integrity of eligibility models and criteria
- Structuring and completing ad-hoc analysis – e.g. into marketing efficiency of campaigns, or studies into credit risk biases
- Supporting data exchanges with our customers and partners
- Support on translating busuiness needs into technical requirements
- Taking ownership and responsibility for small solutions, and supporting on larger solutions
- Becoming well-versed in the meaning and structure of credit bureau data
- Helping scope business requirements of technical change
- System administration responsibilities
We are looking for an exceptional graduate with a passion for data - to work as a hybrid between Statistician, Business Analyst and Data Analyst.
- Minimum 2:1 university degree, ideally in a highly analytical subject
- Grade A at Maths A-level
- Data driven and analytical
- Good computer based skills, preferably with Excel or similar analytical tools
- Excellent attention to detail
- Rigorous and structured approach to problem solving
- Strong conceptual ability, both for analytical problem solving and shaping the technical design of solutions
- Ambitious and proactive
- A confident and conscientious communicator
- Positive, enthusiastic and organised
- Work experience in an analytical role is desireable but not essential
Here at Experian, we believe that great work deserves great rewards. In return for your ideas, commitment and ambition, we will give you a very competitive base salary and a range of benefits as soon as you join.
On top of your base salary, we offer:
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Flexible working options
- 25 days' annual leave (plus the ability to purchase 5 additional days)
- Generous contributory pension
- Opportunity to buy shares with the company share-save scheme
- Life assurance
- Retail discount schemes
- 3 Community involvement days per annum
- Access to the everywomanNetwork – a 3rd party hosted site intended to equip you with valuable tools to advance in business
As part of the office, you'll also enjoy:
- A fun, friendly and collaborative team
- Regular team social events such as monthly games night & nights out
- A great office with social spaces including table-tennis, table football, book corner, games consoles, board games and plenty of people wanting to play
If you would like to read more, or apply for this role, please click on the link below and apply through Experian.